Friday, October 12, 2012

Ok... some really quick "quick takes"

And what have I been up to this week? (You're just dying to know, right?)

1. Storytime at the library.  Unfortunately, today's Halloween craft project-- a spider mobile made of construction paper "legs" taped to a paper plate-- seemed to upset my toddler...  But then, so did the sight of her baby sister wearing a hand-me-down sweater.  ("Mine!")  We're just at that stage.

If only this could be the motto of our membership drive!
2. Helping my husband to set up a not-for-profit organization supporting scholarship in U.S. military history.  The legal part's done, but-- what with web pages, blogs, Facebook, and anticipating the administration thereof-- this project already feels overwhelming!  And we haven't even officially "announced" it yet.

3. Avoiding all work, conversation, and thought that touches on my book manuscript.

4. Fall cleaning.... because I haven't deep cleaned since before my almost-two-year-old was born!  Now, hand her a (dry) dust cloth and she'll "polish" furniture right along side me, at least for a few minutes...  By the way, this is a great procrastination technique!  One of my go-to's.

5. Trying to remember to pray together as a family!  My husband and I would like to make this a part of the evening routine (realizing, of course, that we can't expect the toddler and baby to actually pay attention), but we're just not in the habit...  For the past few nights it's slipped my mind until the children were long in bed.

6. Before bedtime, reading Jane Eyre yet again.

7. Experimenting with slow-cooker oatmeal.  It's wonderful to wake up to a ready-made breakfast, but the oatmeal's been forming an annoying (and wasteful) crust on the inside of the crock.  Tonight I may try this method, which I hope will help.

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment